Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)

Now accepting new clients

About the Program

The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is a program to help low-income, unemployed individuals 55 and older find work. SCSEP matches eligible older adults with part-time training assignments at non-profits or government agencies. Participants build skills and self-confidence, while earning a modest income with a goal of transitioning seniors into non-subsidized employment.

Administered by the U.S. Dept. of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration, it’s the nation’s oldest employment program for seniors. Individuals accepted into the program are assigned job training placements at Host Agencies in the community (usually a community based non-profit service organization) based on the individual’s preference and employment goals developed from their IEP (Individual Employment Plan).

Participants enrolled in the program are eligible to enroll and complete the Career Readiness Education and Development (CRED) and other Goodwill and/or programs as a partner with the local Work-Force Development Council(s).


  • Must be 55 years or older
  • Unemployed for at least six (6) months
  • Have a total family income of less than 125 percent of the Federal poverty level

And must also meet one of the following:

  • Have low employment prospects
  • Are unable to find employment through the WOIA Workforce system
  • Homeless or at Risk of Homelessness
  • Veterans and qualified spouses
  • Have Limited English proficiency
  • Have low literacy skills
  • Have a Disability

For More Information Call:

Pierce County

(253) 573-6759

Clallam, Jefferson & Thurston Counties

(360) 456-0273

Grays Harbor, Mason, Pacific Counties

(360) 532-0041

Cowlitz County

(360) 501-8350

Yakima, Klickitat, and Kittitas Counties

(509) 452-6061

Clark and Skamania Counties

(360) 759 4309

To Learn More

Selma Success Story

Success Story

Selma McCord

“I love my new job. I’m so thankful that Goodwill gave me the modern workforce makeover! For those who have been out of work for a long time, SCSEP is so important because you can earn a salary while you retrain and gain real employment experience!”

Goodwill® proudly participates in the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), a national employment and training program funded by the U.S. Department of Labor.

A $22,836,313 grant from the U.S. Department of Labor provided 90
percent of the funding for Goodwill’s SCSEP programs in the program year 2023. Goodwills provided the remaining 10 percent through in-kind contributions worth more than $2,537,378.

Goodwill of the Olympics & Rainier Region received a sub award of $1,511,055 and is contributing in-kind contributions valued at $175,623 to cover the remaining 10 percent of operational costs.