Military & Veteran Services is a one-stop program that partners with a vast network of agencies to provide support services to transitioning Veterans and their families with the goal of achieving job placement, retention and long-term financial stability.
Military & Veteran Services
Providing Military personnel, Veterans and their families with the tools and support needed to achieve successful civilian careers.
Transitioning from military to civilian life can be challenging. Operation: GoodJobs assists Military and Veteran families with job training and placement services by providing individualized, holistic plans to help each participant succeed. The plan serves the needs of the whole family with the goal of achieving job placement, retention and long-term financial stability.
We serve transitioning Military members, Reservists, National Guard Members, Veterans of all eras and ranks, Military and Veteran spouses, and dependents under 25 living with a Veteran or Military sponsor.
- Connections with more than 1,400 local employers & a vast network of community service organizations
- Job leads, networking opportunities– giving you the inside track directly to hiring and HR managers and recruiters
- Support from a staff of Veterans and Military spouses
- No cost training opportunities including those leading to certifications
- Internship opportunities at local, state & federal agencies
- Unlimited one-on-one resume and cover letter assistance
- LinkedIn professional profile creation
- Mock interviews
Boots to Shoes®
Helping 21st century veterans capture 21st century jobs
New to Goodwill’s Veteran’s Services program is Boots to Shoes which pairs veterans with civilian mentors. The goal is to provide them with:
- Insight into the language of civilian professions
- Objective discussions of the veteran’s goals
- Encouragement as the veteran develops a job search plan
- A sounding board and checkpoint for progress
- Appreciation for the veteran’s service
JBLM Networking Event
American Lake Conference Center | Lewis North, JBLM
This event is TBD
Our networking events are designed to put you in front of employers that are ready to hire for positions in all industries including aerospace, banking and more. At each event you will:
- Gain access to local employers
- Get information on Military and Veteran services
- Enroll in Goodwill’s Veteran Services program
- Be provided opportunities for resume building, job navigation, LinkedIn support & mock interviewing
Are you an employer, Veteran service provider or training and education provider?
Be an exhibitor at our Networking events.
- Gain access to a prepared, trained, professional and ready-to-work Veteran community
- Develop a partnership with skilled Operation GoodJobs National Career Navigators and resources
- Be a part of the Hiring Veterans Resource Guide
Visitor’s guide to access JBLM
Goodwill’s quarterly Networking Events, sponsored in part by The Boeing Company, offered each quarter provide more than 300 transitioning servicemen, family members and area veterans networking opportunities with more than 70 employers and 14 veteran service and training organizations in the region. In addition to providing access to multi-state private sector and government employers, the event features access to Goodwill Veteran Services staff for on-the-spot resume and LinkedIn review, and additional training and job placement services.
Benefits of Hiring a Veteran
Goodwill works with hundreds of local employers and support organizations to find the right match for the participant and the business partner. There are many advantages to hiring Veterans through Goodwill’s Military & Veteran Services Operation: GoodJobs program:
All Services are FREE
to businesses and job seekers
Placement & Screening Services
Skills Analysis & Soft Skills Programs
customized to ensure qualified applicants
assistance and follow-up to ensure a successful placement
held at JBLM with access to over 300 Veterans, transitioning Service Members & Spouses
When it came time to leave Joint Base Lewis-McChord for his next assignment, Jose faced a tough decision: continue his Army career or leave active-duty service to stay near his daughters. His family won. “I decided to return to the Army Reserve locally and started my civilian job search,” he said.
Connect with Us
In The News
Goodwill is honored to be a 2018 grant recipient of the 2nd annual VetsAid concert benefiting our nation’s veterans!
Joe Walsh’s organization graciously raised money with a concert that took place on Veterans Day in Tacoma, along with helping us host a hiring event. We are so grateful for the turnout, for the support of Joe Walsh and friends as well as the confidence & support from National Association of Veteran-Serving Organizations.