Every individual has a unique situation and the ability to build financial stability and self-sufficiency. Our Financial Opportunity Center offers the tools to help you achieve your financial goals. Improving credit, paying off student loans, working to own a home and planning for retirement are some of the many topics covered in our no-cost training for our community.
Are your personal finances where you’d like them to be? If you’re experiencing mounting credit card debt, school loans, bad credit or even job loss, Goodwill’s Personal Finances program can help you gain the skills to obtain financial freedom and build a more stable future.
This class is currently available online only though our Goodwill Connect Digital Work Opportunity Center
A free course in money management designed to build personal financial stability and independence.
Key to Change is a 10-hour financial literacy course designed to give you the skills you need to make sound financial decisions for yourself and your family.
- Banking basics
- Debt management
FIRST Monday – Thursday of EACH MONTH
Morning Sessions: 10:00am – 12:30pm
Evening Sessions: 5:00pm – 7:30pm
Sessions are interchangeable but attendance of 1 session on all 4 days is required for course certificate.
Prepare your 2019 taxes for free through Goodwill’s VITA program – Sponsored by Key Bank
The VITA program at Goodwill offers free tax filing assistance through staff and trained volunteers. We will assist you with completing any necessary forms and file your completed taxes electronically in our Resource Room. To be eligible, a taxpayer’s income must be under $56,000.
- Appointments are available February 6 – April 11
- Thursdays 3:30 – 6:30 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Location – Goodwill’s Milgard Work Opportunity Center – 714 S. 27th St., Tacoma
- You can also use Goodwill’s Resource Room computers to self-prepare your own tax return at no cost (income restrictions apply) using www.myfreetaxes.com
- Optional drop-off service available; you complete an intake & interview and then return at a later date to pick up your finished tax return! – No appointment needed.
- Call (253) 573-6750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment
- Drop-off service is available for those needing prior tax years completed (2017, 2018) or those needing their 2019 taxes prepared and are unable to make an appointment during center hours.